
We spent the last week eating the canned foods in our cupboards... a lot of soup... We really had no time to get to the store. So on Saturday, I finally made it! We established a budget of $100 for every two weeks in March. I was wondering how I was going to do it with all the food we needed! I went to Target with a little gift card we had left over from the wedding. I was sure I would have to use it with the load of groceries I had in my cart. I was trying to keep track of the amount while shopping.. but I was not completely accurate. I was sure I would need to use the gift card to make our budget. I made it to the check-out feeling disappointed that I went over and thinking about what I could get rid of. The total just kept climbing. Right when I almost said, "I won't be purchasing that", the total came to $97.03!! I could not believe my ears!! I double checked the total on the screen about five times! With a huge grin on my face I told the employee my accomplishment... Hahaha! I was so proud! I am actually excited to go and do it again!
P.S. We had the BEST enchiladas today for Sunday dinner. SO easy to make and SO good!
P.S. We had the BEST enchiladas today for Sunday dinner. SO easy to make and SO good!

We had amazing ones last night too!!! Love Sunday dinners :) Miss you!
ReplyDeleteWhitney, you are amazing! Kudos to you for being willing to stick to your budget even if it meant putting something away.
ReplyDelete