We had the opportunity to go to Minnesota over
Memorial Day weekend.
Our friend Malorie grew up there and we went
with her and her husband to visit her family.
It was a relaxing getaway and a nice long weekend.
We started off on the road and took a nice brunch
break in downtown Chicago.
We drove right past Oprah's studio and ate
at Ina's Breakfast Queen.
I will stop there the next time I am in Chicago.
It was delicious!!
We drove through Wisconsin and ate some cheese curds.
Fun shapes of cheese.
The country is beautiful.
Lots of lakes and green farmland.
On our first day in Minnesota, we went to the
Mall of America.
It was unreal.
500 stores and an amusement park in the middle.
I could not even focus on shopping.
I felt overwhelmed. It was really cool to just
walk around and see all the stores they have there.
We did go on a few of these coasters.
A giant Lego Transformer.
Danny...Haha!!
We ate so much good food!
Thank you Greg and Adriene!
We played Settlers of Catan one too many times.
Expansion pack, seven players... blood, sweat, and tears.
Adele's Frozen Custard at Lake Minnetonka.
We saw the Avengers on a rainy day.
This pup was just hilarious.
We fell in love with Maggie--
shaggy hair and all.
Church in Chaska, Minnesota.
It was very windy!
Probably my favorite part of the trip
was the storm we got the last night we were there.
Midwestern storms are incredible!
Thunderstorm and tornado warnings,
high winds, rain, hail, lightning, thunder,
and funnel clouds.
We stayed outside and watched the storm roll over us.
I am so glad I caught this funnel on my phone.
Yes, we should have been inside.
I admit, not my smartest move, but it was so cool!!
We stayed in the basement that night and watched
a movie as well as the lightning storms.
It was such a wonderful trip!
Thanks Mal and Nate.
We love you guys!
Back to Cleveland.
Our neighbor took care of our garden while we were gone.
It is looking leafy green and healthy.
We can't wait to see and eat the fruit of our labors!







Sounds amazing! You guys are the cutiest couple! Love ya
ReplyDelete