Back in September my Grandma and Grandpa passed
away within three days of each other.
Their love story pierces my heart and teaches
me about life and love in a way, I am sure,
I would not have learned any other way.
My gratitude for family has been magnified.
I love my family.
I am so grateful that God allows
families to be together forever.
What a glorious blessing!
I cannot wait to see my Grandma and Grandpa
again, as well as other family members who have passed.
Here are some pictures that document the time spent with family
in honor of my incredible Grandparents.
First, can I just say how wonderful it was to spend time
with both of my sister's children?!
They are such good mommies, and I love Spencer's smile
in the background of this picture while he is holding
his sweet little son!

I met Bradford for the first time, and I am completely in love.
I cannot wait until Christmas to hug and kiss him some more!
They spent their dating years at the beach and loved every
second they could soak up the sun in the sand.
My mother spent summers on the beach as her family
visited San Clemente every year.
Then, her family moved there and built a beautiful complex
on the bluffs above the beach.
I am so blessed to have grown up in this gorgeous place!
So many family memories on that beach.
My brother, enjoying some family conversation.
We had a wonderful family reunion dinner with both my
Grandparents' families and close friends.
This is my handsome nephew, who is growing up way too fast!
My Grandparents' uniforms proudly displayed at the funeral
service at the church.
We spent so much time on the beach.
Grandpa and Grandma would have wanted it that way.
The entire family on the beach,
just like the good old days.
It is so wonderful to see generations of family
that are enjoying this family tradition.
My cute niece building sandcastles with my Dad.
I love this picture of the sunset.
to enjoy the last few rays of sunshine from a
crazy-fun day with family.
This is my brother and my nephew.
I snapped this picture on the way home from church.
Look at that beautiful ocean!
We visited the National Cemetery where they were buried.
They only had the temporary markers at the time.
I look forward to seeing their permanent stones soon.

We would always grab an ice cream cone on the way
home from the Tennis Club in the summer time.
I love that special memory him and I have.

away within three days of each other.
Their love story pierces my heart and teaches
me about life and love in a way, I am sure,
I would not have learned any other way.
My gratitude for family has been magnified.
I love my family.
I am so grateful that God allows
families to be together forever.
What a glorious blessing!
I cannot wait to see my Grandma and Grandpa
again, as well as other family members who have passed.
Here are some pictures that document the time spent with family
in honor of my incredible Grandparents.
First, can I just say how wonderful it was to spend time
with both of my sister's children?!
They are such good mommies, and I love Spencer's smile
in the background of this picture while he is holding
his sweet little son!
I met Bradford for the first time, and I am completely in love.
I cannot wait until Christmas to hug and kiss him some more!
We walked on the beach every morning.
The beach has so much significance for our family.
My Grandparents fell in love in San Diego while in the Navy.They spent their dating years at the beach and loved every
second they could soak up the sun in the sand.
My mother spent summers on the beach as her family
visited San Clemente every year.
Then, her family moved there and built a beautiful complex
on the bluffs above the beach.
I am so blessed to have grown up in this gorgeous place!
So many family memories on that beach.
My brother, enjoying some family conversation.
We had a wonderful family reunion dinner with both my
Grandparents' families and close friends.
This is my handsome nephew, who is growing up way too fast!
My Grandparents' uniforms proudly displayed at the funeral
service at the church.
We spent so much time on the beach.
Grandpa and Grandma would have wanted it that way.
The entire family on the beach,
just like the good old days.
It is so wonderful to see generations of family
that are enjoying this family tradition.
My cute niece building sandcastles with my Dad.
This is what evenings at the beach were like with
Grandma and Grandpa.
We would stay all day until after sunset in the summer.
Someone would order dinner, and we would sit on the beachto enjoy the last few rays of sunshine from a
crazy-fun day with family.
This is my brother and my nephew.
I snapped this picture on the way home from church.
Look at that beautiful ocean!
We visited the National Cemetery where they were buried.
They only had the temporary markers at the time.
I look forward to seeing their permanent stones soon.
My incredible parents who spent endless hours
caring for my Grandparents.
What a wonderful daughter my Mom was to
her sweet parents!
The cemetery is very new and just so beautiful.
It is in the exact same place where my Grandparents met
while serving in the Navy together.
You can also see the San Diego LDS Temple from the site.
They both served in the San Diego Temple together.
It is just the perfect place with so much meaning.
We got ice cream cones at McDonald's in Grandpa's honor.We would always grab an ice cream cone on the way
home from the Tennis Club in the summer time.
I love that special memory him and I have.
My sweet mother has been an example to me of faith.
Her life has changed drastically in the last few months.
She continues to amaze me with her ability to
remember what matters most, and that is, family.
It was a huge blessing that I was able to go home for a few days
and spend time with my family for funeral services and events.
While the circumstances were not ideal for our gathering,
it was the "silver lining" to be with family and reminisce about
all the memories we had as a family with our Grandparents.
I cannot fully express the things in my heart about that weekend,
and some are too personal to share here.
I can say that I know families are forever.
It is true.
I know I will see my Grandpa and Grandma again.






No comments:
Post a Comment