I have been working on this little project.
It is helping me narrow down my interests in home decor.
I love so many different styles.
I feel a little cluttered when I think about decorating because
I like one style but a couple days later I love something else!
I was looking through some interior design books at Barnes & Noble one day...
a lot of these designers were giving tips on how to narrow down
style, color palettes, and textures.
A tip they gave was to create a "Mood Board".
I decided to give it a try.
I have collected:
pictures from magazines,
designs off the Internet,
and am now looking for fabrics that stand out with interesting textures.
I also like collecting things that just inspire me.
What I love about this is...
that if you put something up one day,
stare at it for a couple days,
and then realize you don't like it,
you just take it off the board and set it aside.
It is a continuing process that has helped me put together my
ideas and interests in interior design.
These are pictures I took right after I put up all my first ideas & inspiration!




Finding a common theme?
I am still finding things to put up on my board and take down.
I also love that I am not spending money yet.
I am really narrowing it down so I can make smart purchasing decisions
and keep my eyes open for good deals!
It is really fun and my mind feels more clear everyday!
I love so many different styles.
I feel a little cluttered when I think about decorating because
I like one style but a couple days later I love something else!
I was looking through some interior design books at Barnes & Noble one day...
a lot of these designers were giving tips on how to narrow down
style, color palettes, and textures.
A tip they gave was to create a "Mood Board".
I decided to give it a try.
I have collected:
pictures from magazines,
designs off the Internet,
and am now looking for fabrics that stand out with interesting textures.
I also like collecting things that just inspire me.
What I love about this is...
that if you put something up one day,
stare at it for a couple days,
and then realize you don't like it,
you just take it off the board and set it aside.
It is a continuing process that has helped me put together my
ideas and interests in interior design.
These are pictures I took right after I put up all my first ideas & inspiration!
Finding a common theme?
I am still finding things to put up on my board and take down.
I also love that I am not spending money yet.
I am really narrowing it down so I can make smart purchasing decisions
and keep my eyes open for good deals!
It is really fun and my mind feels more clear everyday!

No comments:
Post a Comment