3.02.2011

Temple Trip

We got to go to the Columbus, Ohio temple on Saturday.
Getting there was no easy task!
We like to go to the 9am session, so we leave
our place at about 6am.
Because of the brutal snow storm on Friday,
that left us with 10" of snow...
we got up at 5am, so we could have some
extra time, in case of snow, ice, or bad roads.
We usually never have a problem
getting out of our covered garage.
Well...
we shoveled and pushed and salted for
a good hour and a half.
(This is not Dan. Just giving you a visual.)
There were moments when I
asked myself... Is this worth it?
Getting up early, being stuck in the snow,
and shoveling in our good church clothes
in 20 degree weather?
As many times as I asked myself that question,
these words kept coming to mind,
"KEEP TRYING".
I never mentioned my doubt to Dan.
We just kept trying.
We got out of our driveway at about 7am.
Meaning, we were late for our session
so we had to cancel.
We still went to the temple anyway!
They were able to squeeze us into the 10:30am session.
Why am I sharing this story?
I love going to the temple.
Each month, we make the trip to Columbus
so we can enter into the most sacred place
on earth, the Lord's house.
I am so grateful for the peace I feel there.
When I go to the temple each month,
I have a clearer sense of my purpose in life,
(This is me last September when we went to the temple.)
I have a greater love for my family,
and I am ever grateful for the Savior's sacrafice.
This is why I "keep trying" to
go to the temple every month.
Nothing in the world compares to
this safety, comfort, peace, and love that I
feel when I am in the house of the Lord.

1 comment:

  1. You are truly amazing dear! I love you and miss you so much. Please come back to me!!! I miss seeing your adorable face everyday at school. I am glad that you are still going strong. LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete